How many times do you touch your face and eyes? At least 16 times an hour!!
DO YOU KNOW CORONAVIRUS CAN ENTER VIA OUR EYES AND MOUTHS?
With all this hype about hygiene and hand washing, here are some facts to consider:
- We know Coronavirus can live up to at least 72 hours on hard surfaces.
- The way we are catching it and transferring it to others is by either inhaling infected droplets produced by someone’s sneeze or by touching a contaminated surface and thus introducing it to our mouths/ face or eyes when we touch them.
- So, touching your face can increase your risk of COVID and flu infection.
- As we touch our faces so often, the odds of therefore recontaminating our hands, between washes, is very high.
- It is important to note that, those who wear contact lenses are even more likely to touch their eyes than those who don’t!